The Role(s): Biosceptre (UK) Ltd is seeking to recruit one or more Cell Technicians / Scientists to be based at its Cambridge UK site, to support ongoing therapeutic antibody and vaccine development projects. The role(s) will be for 6 months in the first instance with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The Company: Biosceptre is a UK-based biotechnology company with offices and laboratories based at the Babraham Research Institute, Cambridge, UK and also in Sydney, Australia. Biosceptre’s goal is to develop new cancer therapeutics and diagnostic approaches based on targeting the P2X7 receptor. Our lead product is about to enter a Phase 1 clinical trial and we aim to progress additional projects into the clinic rapidly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: As a Cell Technician / Scientist, your role will include;
- Utilising and optimising cell based functional assays to evaluate candidate functionality including assays of cell proliferation, cell death and ethidium influx;
- Utilising flow cytometry, Western blot, immunocytochemistry (ICC) and ELISA assays to evaluate antibody binding and cellular function;
- Undertaking molecular biological analysis of P2X7 expression;
- Purification and preparation of antibodies and key reagents;
- Supporting the projects through coordinating ordering, ensuring reagents are prepared appropriately and ensuring that essential items of equipment are maintained appropriately;
- Supporting Biosceptre’s discovery projects through data delivery and assay development; and
- Preparing presentations and presenting data for lab and project meetings.
Role Requirements: Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications, experience and traits;
- An honours degree in a relevant life science field;
- Between 1-3 years research experience gained in academia or within an industrial setting;
3. Hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques; cell culture, cell-based functional assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, IHC, and protein purification and analysis;
- Must be a results-oriented, proactive and flexible team-player;
- Possess the ability to work independently whilst remaining focused on delivery of objectives;
- Demonstrate attention to detail in conducting, and documenting experiments; and
- Maintain records in compliance with the Company policy.
Applications: To apply for this position, please send your C.V. and a letter of application detailing your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Biosceptre (UK) Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications from all suitably qualified personnel.